Friday, June 24, 2011

Rango


   Last week I waited all week watching different movies some good some not so good, but I was waiting for the big guy Rango.
 I am a big fan of Johnny Depp and I have seen all his work, from Edward Scissor-hands to The Pirates Trilogy and why should I miss Rango?  Although I waited also two weeks to watch this movie I was so excited, I was glued to the screen.  If you haven't seen it as yet please go see it, then tell me what you think!

     The movie Rango is an animation film set in the western period, about a Chameleon name Lars/ Rango  in search of his dream being an actor and starving for some social interaction, which during an accident ends up in a town, surrounded by dirt and a lack of  a good resource of water. In which the Chameleon played by Johnny Depp, would have to investigate the water problems in the town of Dirt to regain the town's people faith in him. Rango at the beginning of the story would meet Beans played by Isla Fisher who looks like she suffers from absent seizure, she was determine to find out where the water have gone. Given that she owns her father's farm in the town of Dirt, I am telling you great writing.  I also love the thought of putting water in a bank, was just wondering how does the loan process go?  I mainly like the characters of the mayor played by Ned Beatty who would make Rango sheriff due to the fact they needed one.  Rango would then become the law in the town of Dirt and the town folks would look to him to save them.  In doing so Rango would have to investigate the water shortage and the culprit behind this calamity. Rango would have to face some serious villains like Jake the rattlesnake played by Bill Nighy and Spirit of the West played by Timothy Olyphant  who going to help him find his path.  All in which is a making of a great movie.




   This movie has your action, your comedy, adventure, your profound lessons at the end of the movie -check! It has your graphics with CG animation, great soundtrack with owls playing music and narrating,  they got that, the villains oh boy! A lost hero, check, check and check!

   This movie was a  great movie story was interesting and superb, even though I am not an western fan. I love a good comedy with a message. 






Rate 9.6 out of 10

No comments: