Friday, June 24, 2011

Arthur 2011

This weekend , I really wanted a movie that would make me laugh and since I was watching old stand up shows of Russell Brand on Youtube. I thought I would just go and see the film Arthur.


 As seen in the trailers.   Arthur is a alcoholic playboy, who was black mail by his mother ( he would have to marry Susan and gain his wealthy inheritance) a woman he doesn’t like and totally isn’t attracted to.  Meanwhile, he falls in love with a common woman. In the main-time he would try to juggle a relationship between both women and in the end would have to decide Love over wealth.
I thought this movie was amazingly brilliant. The cast which include Russell Brand, Helen Mirren, Greta Gerwig, and Jennifer Garner was great in every way and the acting skills was impressive.  The writing was well done especially the humor was never lost, right on point.

The scenes of New York City was beautiful and the scene of Grand Central Station at night, I love it.
 The showcase of jokes was brilliant never a dull moment. Some of the jokes was classy well others you probably never forget. But don’t get me wrong the reason I love Arthur isn’t only because of the comedy, although that what I went looking for. It was the story line of the movie which wasn’t shown in the trailers. That although you may be wealthy, and you can buy all the material things, it can’t buy you happiness.( However, I would like the opportunity to try).

Furthermore the conclusion of the movie to me was epic. How he had to lose everything to gain himself.
Overall, I enjoyed this movie Arthur and wished I seen it earlier.






No comments: